What is Christianity?
A summary of Christianity:
- Christianity is a religion in which people follow the teachings of a religious leader named Jesus.
- Jesus is sometimes referred to as Christ, or Jesus Christ. The word Christ is a title. It means the same thing as the word Messiah - a person who is specially anointed by God.
- Jesus lived in the land of Israel about 2,000 years ago.
- Jesus preached and performed miracles until he was executed by the Romans.
- After being crucified by the Romans, he was resurrected (brought back to life) and ascended into heaven.
- Christians believe that Jesus is the only means of salvation.
- Christians believe that Jesus led a perfect and sinless life and that he is the intermediary between man and God.
- Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he is one with God.
- Christians believe that Jesus was fully human and fully God. He was both, at the same time.
- Christians believe in one God, who is a triune God. The trinity consists of God the Father, Jesus the son of God, and the Holy Spirit.
- Christians believe that Jesus is the savior who was promised by the prophets of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible.
- The life and teachings of Jesus are recorded in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.
- Christians view the New Testament as being the only official record of Jesus' life and teachings.
- Christianity is the first religion to be taught to people on all of the earth's inhabitable continents.
- Christians believe that anyone can have salvation through faith in Jesus.